Sunday, August 28, 2011

Update

We are in the final months over here. So close yet still so far away! This past friday was my 28 week mark, a check-up, my Rhogam shot and some lab work. I got to hear baby boy's heartbeat which is still so cool and unreal. My blood pressure is good and everything is right on track. I did my glucose test (which isn't has bad as some people say) and now I'll be seeing my doctor every 2 weeks. I am still so exhausted after working that I'll just eat a bowl of cereal for dinner and crash in bed. Besides getting to put my feet up, I love to just lay in bed because that is when the baby gets active. It's my favorite time of the day. I'm very lucky to be healthy and not have had any major problems. I just pray that my body will continue in this manner as baby boy grows and needs more room.

Ben has been traveling a lot and super busy on some projects in California. While I was out and about on Friday with my appointments I came home to a SPOTLESS house. Ben's out of town so who could it have been? My best friends Shelby and Dave and sister-in-law Alisha cleaned my whole house from top to bottom. Dave also did the yard in this blazing heat. Our den is the dedicated laundromat and holds all the clean clothes that I'm too lazy to put away and now it's empty and my drawers and closet are full! There were perfect vacuum lines in my carpet. Bathrooms were scoured. I couldn't believe it and am SO grateful for it. Alisha and Shelby joked that I probably wouldn't have noticed if they took some clothes because I have so many. They were right. I look in my full closet now and forgot about some of this stuff! Ben will be home tomorrow so I'm excited to show him what our family and friends did for us. To end, here are some belly pics.

28 weeks - 7mos

27 weeks

26 weeks

24 weeks - 6 mos

8 comments:

Dave and Shelby Hale said...

Maybe I did steal some clothes and you just haven't figured it out yet...heheh. Looking good Mama. At times our pregnancy journey has seemed so long and at times it has seemed like it has gone by in the blink of an eye. Your boy will be here before you know it! Yay!

Sarah W. said...

The rest of your pregnancy will fly by. Once I started going to appointments every 2 weeks then every week it seemed like it was over in a second. I want you to take pictures of the magical disappearing belt. Please!

Alisha said...

love the belly pics! can't wait for ben to be home too

Nate and Lori said...

Cute! And you do have an adorable maternity wardrobe. I look back at my old pics and think "what the crap did I wear that for?" You will not have this regret. That was so nice of the Hales and Alisha. I remember that tired feeling...and doing dinner and then going to sleep for the night at 6:30pm. Just enjoy your last trimester...its about to get exciting!

Bloom Family said...

You look great Caitlin! So excited for you guys!

Deanne said...

I love your maternity clothes! You are so adorable! Stinks that Ben has been gone, but so nice to have your house spotless!

Deanne said...

I love your maternity clothes! You are so adorable! Stinks that Ben has been gone, but so nice to have your house spotless!

Dave and Debbi Miller said...

You are amazing and it is great to have friends that are so caring. It will be good to have Ben back I am sure.Can't wait until the baby shower. Take care of yourself and baby boy miller(Wyatt?) Love you bunches.