It's been so tiring blogging about 2010! Ben surprised me one Saturday morning in January and said pack your stuff...you're kicked out. No, he drove us to the Grand Canyon! It was my first time ever. What can you say about it? I don't think my vocabulary is big enough. On the drive up I was just crocheting like a mad woman until I finally looked up and asked Ben "Where are we?"....he said, "About 10 minutes from the Grand Canyon." Oh snap. Here are some pretty breath-taking pictures. The highlights for me were the cute mule deer bouncing all around us, the HUGE elk that were a few feet from our car, the fact that you could walk right up to them, when Ben got to meet some nice Korean people that were from the same area to which he was deployed, how they humbly thanked and shook his hand, the quality time Ben and I had at a first-time location, the trails we found that eventually we want to hike, the chilly weather and beautiful drive. Here is picture overload.


I have to tell you about this deer! I was right amongst it and his friends (next picture) and it was jumping around and doing laps like a hyper dog. It was so funny. This picture kind of shows it out of breath with the tongue hanging out.
Ben, "Caitlin back away from the deer."




I have to tell you about this deer! I was right amongst it and his friends (next picture) and it was jumping around and doing laps like a hyper dog. It was so funny. This picture kind of shows it out of breath with the tongue hanging out.
Ben, "Caitlin back away from the deer."













5 comments:
I was about to say... WHAT? you've never been to the Grand Canyon and you grew up in AZ...and then I remembered that you're from Texas. Funny thing is Nate was the first person to take me when I went too.
that last pic is awesome!
Same with me Jake. He took me for the first to the Grand Canyon too. We were stupid and hiked halfway down the canyon and back. I was so sore the next day. I like the pictures! They turned out great!
Same with me Jake. He took me for the first to the Grand Canyon too. We were stupid and hiked halfway down the canyon and back. I was so sore the next day. I like the pictures! They turned out great!
Once you see it and then hike it, it is never the same. You really have not seen the canyon til you hike it. Let us know when you want to go we will go with you. However we will spend the night in the hotel at the bottom. we have done our share of backpacks and camping. Just give me a daypack and lots of water and a bed at the end of the day. All the pictures are great.
Post a Comment